Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Friends

I've been thinking about what I should write all day long, really I was. I was contemplating so many different options, but my mind kept turning back to my friends. I don't know what I did to deserve my five best friends, in fact if I had no other thing to base my belief of a Higher being out there, my friends would be proof enough for me. For somebody who struggled all through elementary school and middle school without friends I really am richly blessed to call them my friends. Not only do they lift me up physically, emotionally and spiritually on a daily basis, but they are there for me whenever I may need them. I know that if I had a flat tire, I could call Jessica and she would be there in a heart beat, or if I was in a serious funk and needed a good laugh i could call Kim, or if I was feeling sorry for myself Alisa would whip me back into shape, Courtney would be there to understand exactly what I'm thinking without an explanation, and Trevor, well Trevor would listen to me gripe and complain and then he would have me look at the situation from a different angle, changing my perspective right away. I realized recently how much I rely on my friends to help me through some of the worst moments of my life, as well as enjoy the greatest moments of triumph. And I realized not only are friends Heavenly Father's way of being merciful on our parents (Because heaven knows if Jessica and I were sisters, our parents would be bald), but it's his way of showing tender mercies. My friends remind me daily of the fact that Heavenly Father loves me. Through them and their acts of service, they bless my life so much. So thank you so much!! I don't know what I would do without you five!! I love you all so much, I couldn't love you more if you were my own flesh and blood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment